He is currently Executive Director of the municipal company “Oeiras Viva – Management of Cultural and Sports Equipment, EM He is also a Senior Technician Jurist on the Board of the Oeiras City Council.
He is a Specialist Assistant Professor, without aggregation, at the Autonomous University of Lisbon, since 2010, where he teaches several curricular units in the Sports Administration and Management Course.
Degree in Physical Education and Sport from the Faculty of Human Motricity of the Technical University of Lisbon
Master in Sport Management from the Faculty of Human Motricity of the Technical University of Lisbon
Degree in Law from the Faculty of Law of the University of Lisbon
Postgraduate in Administrative Law from the Faculty of Law of the University of Lisbon
Doctoral candidate in Law, in the specialty of Legal and Political Sciences, Universidade Autónoma de Lisboa.
He held the following positions of manager within the scope of Local Public Administration:
- Director of the Department of Education and Youth – Lisbon City Council (2007 to 2011)
- Director of the Department of Social and Cultural Affairs – Oeiras City Council (2003 to 2007)
- Head of the Sports Division – Municipality of Oeiras (2000 to 2003).
- Head of the Sports Division – Municipality of Sintra (1995 to 2000).
- Head of the Sports and Sports Equipment Division – Seixal City Council (1989 to 1995)
- He was Assistant Professor at Universidade Lusófona, from 1998 to 2014, where he taught several curricular units in the Physical Education and Sport Courses; Postgraduate in Sports Management and Postgraduate in Sports Law.
He has given several conferences in the areas of expertise, namely in Sport Management and Municipal Administration.
He has several articles published in magazines and seminar proceedings.