The Center for Architecture, City and Territory Studies [CEACT] promotes research related to the theory and practice of Architecture.
- Contribute to a quality evolution of the theory and practice of Architecture in Portugal;
- The production and dissemination of R&D projects in the area of Architecture and Spatial Planning;
- Support students and professors of the Architecture course in their academic practice;
- Support for advanced training of human resources, namely within the scope of the evolution of the teaching career and supervision of master's and doctoral work;
- The holding of seminars, conferences and activities for the dissemination of research results and other works developed within the scope of the Master of Architecture;
- Integration into international research networks, encouraging the participation of researchers in R&D projects and international conferences;
- Promoting the publication of books and scientific articles;
- The systematic collection of documentation in the area of Architecture and Spatial Planning.
Since 2011, CEACT has been editor of the journal Estudos Prévio, an indexed academic publication with a peer-review system, published every six months.
(link www.estudoprevio.net )
CEACT promotes and develops academic research projects dedicated to the themes of Architecture, City and Territory and promotes their dissemination through original publications.
Atlas Almirante Reis (https://repositorio.ual.pt/handle/11144/5013)
in situ/: Architecture Intervention laboratories 2012/2019 (https://repositorio.ual.pt/handle/11144/5012)
Dwell, Think, Build (https://repositorio.ual.pt/handle/11144/5000)
Marginal 8 (https://repositorio.ual.pt/handle/11144/5019)
Praça do Comércio – perception and representation of space: present and future (https://repositorio.ual.pt/handle/11144/4999)
in situ/ (in)certain, laboratory of complex ideas (https://repositorio.ual.pt/handle/11144/5214)
ASSIM Project – Médio Tejo Inter-municipal projects or projects with inter-municipal potential in the area of sport, Case Studies (https://repositorio.ual.pt/handle/11144/5236)
Study of performance and promotion of cultural, natural and scenic resources in Cova do Vapor (https://repositorio.ual.pt/handle/11144/4397)
Since 2012, CEACT has been developing the project in situ/ - Laboratories of Intervention in Architecture, an action research project, with the aim of strengthening the ties between the university and the community, creating spaces for students to act in reality.
(link http://insitu.autonoma.pt/ )