The objective of the 17th annual conference of Sport & EU (European Association for the Study of Sport in Europe) is the reflection of emerging issues related to the positioning of sport in the European Union. During two days, 7 current and relevant topics will be debated, with the presence of numerous authors of the texts submitted for this purpose, as well as moderators with extensive experience in the field of the themes presented for debate. Also, the congress will have a wide network of people, from inside and outside Europe, interested in these themes to promote dialogue and research on the conference themes. Our commitment is to support the development of new generations of academics, researchers and practitioners, including PhD students.
The conference has a scientific committee, composed of a diverse group of professors by area of the respective specialty, with the cooperation of the members of the Board of the Sport&EU Association:
- Sport Management – Vera Pedragosa (Department of Economic and Business Sciences – Sport Management – Universidade Autónoma de Lisboa)
- Sports Law– Rui Alexandre Jesus (Invited Professor for postgraduate studies in Sports Law – Autónoma Academy – Universidade Autónoma de Lisboa)
- Sports and Business Information – Sérgio Pontes (Department of Economic and Business Sciences – Sport Management - Universidade Autónoma de Lisboa)
- Sport Economics – Sandra Ribeiro (Department of Economic and Business Sciences – Sport Management - Universidade Autónoma de Lisboa)
- Sustainability and Architecture of Sports Spaces - Paulo Ventura (Department of Economic and Business Sciences – Sport Management - Universidade Autónoma de Lisboa)
- Sport communication and Journalism – Carlos Pedro Dias (Department of Communication Sciences - Universidade Autónoma de Lisboa)
- Sports Technology– Alan Ferreira (Sports Sciences – Higher School of Sports in Rio Maior).
Borja García, Sport&EU executive director said: “We are extremely glad to be taking our anual Sport&EU conference to Portugal and to Lisbon. We thank Rui Alexandre Jesus and the team at Universidade Autonoma de Lisboa for their enthusiasm and their commitment to our conference. I am sure we will have an excellent event in Lisbon next July, with plenty of EU and sport discussions”.
An Vermeersch founding member of Sport&EU. He teaches sports law and European law (Ghent University and Ghent University College). He holds a PhD in EU sport policy and sport law (2007) and has written numerous academic publications. An is a referee at the Court of Arbitration for Sport of Belgium, disciplinary judge at the Court of Sport of Flanders, member of the working group on the review of WADA governance reforms, and an independent board member of the Tennis Federation of Flanders.
Ekain Zubizaretta, member of the Board. He specializes in the sociology of sport with particular emphasis on sports policy. He is a member of the ISP research laboratory that received the UNESCO chair 'Doping Studies and Analysis of Anti-Doping Policies'. His PhD analyzes anti-doping policies in a local and comparative approach with particular emphasis on the study of their implementation. He is also an associate investigator of the Colombian APPGP research group. Other research interests include gender in sport and TGS.
Maximilian Seltmann, member of the Board. He is research associate and PhD researcher at the Institute of European Sport Development and Leisure Studies at the German Sport University Cologne (GSU). Her research conceptualizes and analyzes athletes as political actors in sport governance. He holds a BA in Sport Management and Communication (2016) and an MA in International Sport Development and Policy (2019) from the German Sport University Cologne. He is program coordinator for the MA International Sport Development and Politics.
- Professionals – 140€
- UAL students – 60€
- Students outside UAL – 95€
More information: firstname.lastname@example.org