1st Panel - Freedom of expression
From 10:00 am to 11:30 am.
– How to ensure freedom of expression in crisis situations?
– What are the limits and constraints of freedom of expression?
– How do you see freedom of expression during the Covid-19 crisis?
Carlos M. Fernandes – AI specialist, polymath
Pedro Correia – Journalist
José Manuel Fernandes – Director of the Observer
Luís Aguiar-Conraria – University professor
Isabel Damásio (Moderator) – Journalist, university professor (UAL)
2nd Panel - Social Responsibility
From 11:30 am to 1:00 pm
– The social responsibility of the media: between science and politics?
– How do you see the relationship between science and social responsibility?
– And between CS and social responsibility?
Carlos Manuel Correia Antunes – University professor
Henrique Pereira dos Santos – Landscape Architect
Joaquim Vieira – Journalist, writer, documentary filmmaker
Lourenço Bray (Moderator)
3rd Panel – Freedom of expression and social responsibility
From 14:00 to 15:30.
– How to find a balance between freedom of expression and social responsibility?
– How to articulate freedom of expression and social responsibility?
– Social Communication: From the fourth power to the fourth power?
Eduardo Cintra Torres – University professor
Carlos Guimarães Pinto – University professor, economist
Manuel Carvalho – Public Director
João Santareno Sousa (Moderator) – University professor (UAL)
4th Panel - Ethics
From 15:30 to 17:00.
– How is ethics articulated with science?
– And with the media?
– Has the media become the “guardian” of ethics?
António Moreira Teixeira – University professor
Eduardo Barroco de Melo – Deputy to the AR (PS)
Miguel Montenegro – PhD student
João Cunha Matos – University professor
Nuno Miguel Guedes (Moderator) – Cultural journalist
- Coordination and moderation: João Santareno de Sousa, José Maria Couceiro da Costa and Luís Serpa;
- Date: May 28 (Friday) at 10:00 am;
- Conference via Zoom: https://us04web.zoom.us/j/78254130422?pwd=dmJTMkFZMnYvb2VvRkF1RWc4MlJlQT09
- ID: 858 8971 3322
- Information: email@example.com