Laughter is a fantastic tool that helps you live better. It can reduce stress and help you deal with problems better.
Laughter therapy consists of the application of a set of techniques that aim to release physical and emotional tensions. And as the name implies, through laughter. With the coordination of specialized monitors and in groups, techniques of body expression, dances, games and even massages are used, so that laughter arises naturally and uninhibited. Through muscle relaxation and good mood, it is possible to derive numerous benefits from this form of therapy. These are 10 of the most important advantages:
- Laughter releases endorphins, which act as a natural pain reliever and increase the secretion of serotonin, also called the “pleasure hormone” or “mood hormone”. This helps to fight stress and anxiety.
- Laughter favors lung capacity and breathing.
- It eliminates negative energy and helps us to have a more positive outlook on situations.
- Improves blood circulation, as exercises require body movements.
- You relax and work several muscles at the same time – a complete session can involve moving more than 400 muscles.
- It boosts creativity and productivity.
- Strengthens the immune system.
- Increases self-esteem.
- It improves social skills and fosters a sense of belonging.
- It is a low cost therapy when compared to other types of treatments.
Although it cannot be considered a complete substitute for conventional therapies, laughter therapy proves to be an important complement for personal development, for dealing with health problems and for facing the most complicated situations in life.
Article published on 11-07-2018, by METLIFE
Personally enthusiastic and reinvigorated in the definition of strategies and in the construction of pioneering workshops to control Stress, Anxiety and Depression.
Graduated in areas such as Emotional Intelligence, Coaching, Storytelling, Energetic Self-Defense and Laughter Therapy.
Department of Psychology