We are extremely glad to announce that the Sport&EU Board ratified the host city for the 17th annual conference. Lisbon will be the selected place for this next event of this European association, which unites scholars and practitioners interested in the relationship between sport and the EU and promotes comparative and interdisciplinary research on sport, Europe, and the European Union all widely defined.
The goal will be to gather in Portugal, in July 2023, a wide network of people, from within Europe and outside, interested in these areas and promote dialogue and research through the staging of the conference. The commitment is to support the development of new generations of academics, researchers and practitioners, including PhD students and those at an early stage of their career. 🇧🇷
Scientific Committee Board
- Sport Management – Vera Pedragosa (Department of Economic and Business Sciences – Sport Management – Universidade Autónoma de Lisboa)
- sports law – Rui Alexandre Jesus (Invited Professor at the Department of Law – Autónoma Academy- Universidade Autónoma de Lisboa)
- Sports and Business Information – Sérgio Pontes (Department of Economic and Business Sciences – Sport Management – Universidade Autónoma de Lisboa)
- Sport Economics – Sandra Ribeiro (Department of Economic and Business Sciences – Sport Management – Universidade Autónoma de Lisboa)
- Sustainability and Architecture of Sports Spaces – Paulo Ventura (Department of Economic and Business Sciences – Sport Management – Universidade Autónoma de Lisboa)
- Sport Communication and Journalism – Carlos Pedro Dias (Department of Communication Sciences – Autonomous University of Lisbon)
- sport technology – Alan Ferreira (Sport Science School of Rio Maior – Higher Sports School of Rio Maior)
- Vera Pedragosa, the local coordinator of the conference said on the decision to take the event to the Universidade Autonoma de Lisboa: “ Portugal is a privileged place where policies to promote sport and physical activity in line with the European Union countries are concentrated. We recognize the social, economic and integrity benefits of sport. Sport is more than sport, it provokes emotion and mobility between countries that promote economies, tourism and diversity. It is an honor to host this conference and discuss the challenges of sport today and tomorrow in a European approach”.
Sport&EU Board Member and Local Organizer
- Rui Alexandre Jesus, the Portuguese Member of the Sport&Eu Board, comment that “Sport and the European Union has been a constant topic in evolution for many years. Several matters have aroused recently, new perspectives about old questions also emerged, and the debate about how the European nations should and must handle common issues, is as important as ever. In July 2023 we hope that all the attendees of the Conference can give their contribute to the challenges that will be addressed”.
Sport&EU Founding Member
- Borja Garcia, Sport&EU executive director said: “We are extremely glad to be taking our annual Sport&EU conference to Portugal and Lisbon. We thank Rui Alexandre Jesus and the team at Universidade Autonoma de Lisboa for their enthusiasm and their commitment to our conference. I am sure we will have an excellent event in Lisbon next July, with plenty of EU and sport discussions”.
Fill the form below to participate in the event