left side menus
Article / Section
- As a higher education institution, UAL aims to offer high level qualifications to its students and to contribute to their cultural, artistic, scientific, and technological training nationally and internationally.
- UAL values ??the activity of its researchers, lecturers, students and staff, stimulating their intellectual and professional training and further ensures the conditions to enable all citizens who meet the conditions to have access to higher education and lifelong learning, according to the legislation in force.
- UAL promotes and organizes activities to support and disseminate humanistic, artistic, scientific and technological culture among all.
- In accordance with current legislation, UAL is governed by the principles of academic, cultural, scientific and educational autonomy, involving lectures and students in its academic management.
- UAL pursues the human and social enrichment of its community based on humanistic and individual values, and on the principles of tolerance, internal and international cooperation and respect for human rights.
- As a centre for the creation, transmission, critique and dissemination of culture, science and technology, and through the articulation of study, teaching and research, UAL conducts its activity based on the values of freedom, democracy and cooperation among all its organs.
- UAL’s aims include:
- To offer human, cultural, scientific and technical education;
- To create an educational environment that suits its purposes;
- To conduct research, support and engage with other scientific institutions;
- To foster the transfer and economic enhancement of scientific and technological knowledge;
- To offer professional training courses and knowledge updating activities;
- To provide services to the community and activities that support development;
- To encourage cooperation and cultural, scientific and technical exchanges with similar national and foreign institutions;
- To promote international cooperation and rapprochement between all peoples, with special focus on Portuguese-speaking countries
- To produce and disseminate knowledge and culture;
- Under the terms of the law, UAL’s duties also include offering degrees and activities involving their equivalence and recognition.