left side menus
Article / Section
• Nominations: partner institutions should send their student nominations by email to firstname.lastname@example.org by 30 May for the first semester or whole academic year.• Application Forms and Learning Agreements: should be sent by email to email@example.com by 30 June (for semester 1 and entire academic year), and by 30 November for semester 2.
Bellow you will find the following documents:
- Key information about Universidade Autónoma (including academic calendar, location of faculties, exam dates etc.).
- Course Catalogue. Please note the syllabi shown are for the 2016-17 academic year. There may be a few changes in academic year 2017-18 in some degrees. If students choose subjects not on offer in academic year 2017-18, they will be informed immediately by this office and advised to choose alternative subjects
- Departmental Coordinators responsible for advising on course choice
- General information about UAL
Students coming from the EU do not require a visa. Other international students will be sent an acceptance letter, which they should take to the nearest Portuguese Embassy or Consulate to apply for a visa. For additional information please check here.
Students coming from the EU should obtain the European Health Insurance Card.
For additional information on how to obtain it please check here
Please note that this card is not an alternative to travel insurance. It does not cover private healthcare or lost or stolen property. It does not guarantee free services. Each country’s health system is different and in Portugal you will be required to pay 20 Euros if you go to hospital for emergency treatment.
Non-EU students are strongly advised to take health and general travel insurance prior to coming to Portugal.In addition, all registered students are covered by the University’s personal accidents policy. For additional information check (information in Portuguese only) Plano de Seguro Escolar 2016/2017
Useful contacts and websites
The associations listed below offer extremely useful assistance in all sorts of practical matters and will help you settle in Lisbon. They organize many activities and assist international students upon their arrival in Lisbon, including providing buddy systems and assistance with housing.
The International Office is at your disposal should you need assistance or further information.